from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Electromotive force or potential difference, usually expressed in volts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The amount of electrostatic potential between two points in space.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Electric potential or potential difference, expressed in volts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the manège, the act of making a horse work upon volts.
- n. Electromotive force reckoned in volts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts
- n. the rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit; expressed in volts
Borrowing from French voltage (Wiktionary)