from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who advocates or attempts to stir up war.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a bellicist, someone who advocates war; a militarist
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes ar a trade or business; a mercenary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who fights for hire; a mercenary soldier, or bravo.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who advocates war or warlike policies
war + -monger. A warmonger is literally a seller of war, from monger used as a transitive verb, meaning a peddler. (Wiktionary)