from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To nail boards upon so as to lap one over another, in order to exclude rain, snow, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical:
- n. That side of a ship which is toward the wind; the windward side.
- n. A piece of plank placed in a ship's port when she is laid up in ordinary, inclined so as to turn off rain without preventing the circulation of air.
- n. A board used in weather-boarding.
- To nail boards upon, as a roof or wall, lapping one over another, in order to turn off rain, snow, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.