American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that removes weeds, as from a garden.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who weeds, or frees from anything noxious.
- n. In agriculture, any form of hand- or horse-tool for uprooting or destroying weeds. The name is given especially to one of a class of small hand-tools having a series of bent teeth, a sharp steel bow set transversely, or a modified hoe-blade, etc., the object of all being to cut off the weeds below the surface, or to drag them up by the roots.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, weeds, or frees from anything noxious.
- n. a hand tool for removing weeds
- n. a farmhand hired to remove weeds
“The weeder is a cousin to the push hoe and has a zigzag blade for cutting off young weeds which are just starting above ground.”
“If you are a "weeder," you'll favour abolition of all HRCs.”
“The schools want a certain amount of failures in these large "weeder" classes, because giving a diploma to everyone who pays waters down the value of the diploma.”
“The schools want a certain amount of failures in these large "weeder" classes, because giving a diploma to everyone who pays waters down the value of the diploma ... if you can't learn because the environment isn't as cozy as it could be, I'm not sure it is completely the school's job to fix that for you.”
“Perhaps it's time to require economists to master linear passive circuits as a weeder the way engineering undergraduate schools do.”
“But yeah, the book is a weeder since most new construction is built to be more permanent.”
“The Robocrop Precision Guidance System for row crop cultivators uses a camera to shift a hitch so cultivators can cut very close to the plant rows and the Robocrop InRow is a robotic weeder.”
“Autonomow, the robotic farm weeder, had a busy week.”
“Unless you get down on your knees with your $2 weeder and dig out the roots of the weeds the weeds will always come back.”
“The weeder and power extender would be another $7.95.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘weeder’.
You may start on any key. You may repeat a character, or travel to an adjacent key on the keyboard. On my qwerty keyboard, I may follow s with w, e, d, x, z, a, or (repeating) s. (If you use az...
I could start a hardware store, marina, tack shop, antique boutique and autoparts store (just to name a few) with the crap that's in my garage. I'll list some of the "collectables" here -- be pati...
old nova, green, 2 pair of skis, 2 saddles, 3 horse blankets, 2 tack boxes, 2 saddle stands, wicker table and ..., 6 jenny lind chairs, john deer, 3 computers, 3 printers, a table my grandp... and 119 more...
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for weeder.