from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that removes weeds, as from a garden.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an agricultural worker who removes weeds
- n. a tool used to remove weeds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, weeds, or frees from anything noxious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who weeds, or frees from anything noxious.
- n. In agriculture, any form of hand- or horse-tool for uprooting or destroying weeds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hand tool for removing weeds
- n. a farmhand hired to remove weeds
Sorry, no etymologies found.