from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of weekend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The end of the week, usually comprising the period from Friday evening to Monday morning, observed commonly as a period of respite from work or school; ; also, a house party during a week-end. Contrasted to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The end of the week; by extension, the period from Friday night to Monday morning. Also used attributively: as, the week-end holidays.
- To employ the week-end as a holiday season.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spend the weekend
- n. a time period usually extending from Friday night through Sunday; more loosely defined as any period of successive days including one and only one Sunday
Sorry, no etymologies found.