from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Alternative spelling of whisht.
- n. A sibilant sound, especially that of rapid movement through the air.
- v. To make such a sound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To move with the whirring or whizzing sound of rapid motion.
- Silent: same as hush, whisht, whist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. move with a whishing sound
- v. make a sibilant sound
Sorry, no etymologies found.