from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A booklet containing problems and exercises that a student may work directly on the pages.
- n. A manual containing operating instructions, as for an appliance or machine.
- n. A book in which a record is kept of work proposed or accomplished.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book used by a student in which answers and workings may be entered besides questions and exercises
- n. A book, used by a business, containing a record of work to be done, or work completed
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a student's book or booklet containing problems with spaces for solving them
Sorry, no etymologies found.