from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The amount of work assigned to or expected from a worker in a specified time period.
- n. The amount of work that a machine produces or can produce in a specified time period.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The amount of work assigned to a particular worker, normally in a specified time period
- n. The amount of work that a machine can handle or produce
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. work that a person is expected to do in a specified time
work + load (Wiktionary)