Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being zoömorphic; zoömorphic state or condition; representation or exhibition of animal forms as distinguished from the human form; especially, the characterization or symbolization of a god in animal form. Compare anthropomorphism.
- n. The conception or representation of men or supernal beings under the form of animals, or of men or gods transformed into beasts; the attribution of human or divine qualities to beings of animal form; worship of the images of animals; zoötheism.
- n. alternative spelling of zoomorphism.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. rare The transformation of men into beasts.
- n. The quality of representing or using animal forms.
- n. The representation of God, or of gods, in the form, or with the attributes, of the lower animals.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘zoömorphism’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for zoömorphism.