from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of zoomorphism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The transformation of men into beasts.
- n. The quality of representing or using animal forms.
- n. The representation of God, or of gods, in the form, or with the attributes, of the lower animals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being zoömorphic; zoömorphic state or condition; representation or exhibition of animal forms as distinguished from the human form; especially, the characterization or symbolization of a god in animal form. Compare anthropomorphism.
- n. The conception or representation of men or supernal beings under the form of animals, or of men or gods transformed into beasts; the attribution of human or divine qualities to beings of animal form; worship of the images of animals; zoötheism.
Sorry, no etymologies found.