from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Abbott, Berenice 1898-1991. American photographer known especially for her series of black-and-white portraits of New York City.
- Abbott, George 1887-1995. American theatrical producer and playwright who cowrote and directed many productions, including Fiorello!, which won a 1959 Pulitzer Prize.
- Abbott, Sir John Joseph Caldwell 1821-1893. Canadian politician who served as Conservative prime minister (1891-1892).
- Abbott, Robert Sengstacke 1868-1940. American newspaper publisher who founded and edited (1905-1940) the Chicago Defender, which was an early advocate of African-American civil rights.
- Abbott, William Known as "Bud.” 1898-1974. American comedian noted for his partnership with Lou Costello. Abbott and Costello appeared in numerous motion pictures, including The Naughty Nineties (1945), which features their famous "Who's on First” routine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
Advancing Leadership Position ABBOTT PARK, Illinois - Broad Size Matrix of XIENCE PRIME to be Launched in Europe in the Third Quarter Abbott announced today that it has received CE Mark (Conformite Europeenne) for its next-generation XIENCE PRIME (TM) Everolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System for the treatment of coronary artery disease.
In the old days the faster growing part of the company which in this case will continue to go by the name Abbott might have redirected that dividend cash to fuel growth.
One company will be focused on medical products, and retain the name Abbott, and the other will focus on research-based pharmaceuticals, with a name to be revealed at a later date.
Because The Bloke tried to convince me when I woke up that Tony Abbott is a Rhodes Scholar.
I give you that Tony Abbott is Not a Subtle Man, except he is when he swims at APH.
I'm trying not to get my expectations up for Flower, but Michael Abbott is certainly singing its praises.
Junior SG Ty Abbott is an explosive player, able to hit a series of 3-point shots or take the ball to the basket.
This morning Australia's Liberal leader Tony Abbott is in town as the Tories 'special guest.
But will Cameron join Abbott – aka the "mad monk" – on his 4. 30am jog?
A judge in Austin granted the divorce, but Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is appealing the decision.