from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An American variety of apple with red or yellow and red skin.
- Baldwin, James Arthur 1924-1987. American writer and outspoken critic of racism whose works include Go Tell It on the Mountain (1953), a novel, and Notes of a Native Son (1955), a collection of essays.
- Baldwin, Roger Nash 1884-1981. American civil rights activist. In 1918 he helped found the American Civil Liberties Union, which he directed from 1920 to 1950.
- Baldwin, Stanley. First Earl Baldwin of Bewdley. 1867-1947. British prime minister (1923-1929 and 1935-1937) who responded to the General Strike of 1926 with the Trade Disputes Act of 1927, an antiunion bill, and facilitated the abdication of Edward VIII (1936).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name; rather rare in English.
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
- proper n. Stanley Baldwin, British Prime Minister.
- proper n. King Baldwin IV, ruler of the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem before the takeover of Saladin in 1187. He died in 1185 of complications of the socially unacceptable disease of leprosy. Also known as the leper king.
- n. A reddish, moderately acid, winter apple.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of reddish, moderately acid, winter apple.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States author who was an outspoken critic of racism (1924-1987)
- n. English statesman; member of the Conservative Party (1867-1947)
- n. an American eating apple with red or yellow and red skin
Alec Baldwin is awesome, but I have a soft spot for Steve Carrell.
Ann Aguirre on MST3King B-movies: "Anything with a lesser Baldwin is generally a good candidate".
Baldwin is certainly in the minority with his opinions.
A great many years later, I was in Baldwin, Michigan, fishing the Pere Marquette with an old friend and Michigan fly shop owner who shall remain unnamed.
I commute from the Eastern Shore in Baldwin County, AL, to Mobile, and I see some good sized ones from the elevated Bayway in the morning hours.
I'm not sure if Alec Baldwin is "the" man for the job, but he's got guts and that's what American politics needs.
Baldwin is somewhat erratic – sort of but not quite as impulsive as John McCain.
I'm no big fan of actors turned politicians like Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwartzenegger but Alec Baldwin is an intelligent and reflective man and shows a lot of substance instead of just image.
Alex Baldwin is nothing more than a celebrity who thinks because of his Hollywood status he is entitled to become a U.S.
WASHINGTON (CNN) – Emmy Award winner Alec Baldwin is eyeing a post-acting career that could take him off a Hollywood soundstage into the halls of Congress.