from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Barton, Clara Full name Clarissa Harlowe Barton. 1821-1912. American administrator who did battlefield relief work during the Civil War and organized the American Red Cross (1881).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of many placenames in England
- proper n. An English habitational surname from the placenames.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The demesne lands of a manor; also, the manor itself.
- n. A farmyard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The demain lands of a manor, not rented, but retained for the use of the lord of the manor. Also called berwick.
- n. A farm-yard.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Lisa Barton is a stay at home mom to her two teens.
His district went only 38% for BO in 2008 and one of his counties, Barton, is the only one that beats Newton in terms of Republican vote spread.
It's but loss of my time, and yours, too, if you've only stopped me to tell me Mary Barton is very pretty; I know that well enough.
Barton is for natural marriage and upright living.
I want to know if Johnny Barton is gay so he and I can share a foxhole.
Linebacker Eric Barton is progressing from neck surgery following an injury in Chicago on Nov. 1 last season, Mangini said.
Barton is just blowing smoke: new subsidies for oil, coal, and nuclear, rollbacks of environmental standards, Orwellian language, and denial of the science of climate change.
Barton is arguing that his legislation is a “viable alternative to a mandatory cap and trade plan” that sets economy-wide standards for global warming pollution.
Barton is engaging in pure stupidity at the end, but what about the claims that Enron guys were instrumental in devising the cap and trade policies that Al Gore is promoting?
Update Evidently confused about who was confused, Barton is now claiming on YouTube that his "simple question" left the "Secretary of Energy puzzled."