from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Bruno, Giordano 1548?-1600. Italian philosopher who used Copernican principles in formulating his cosmic theory of an infinite universe. Condemned by the Inquisition for heresy, immoral conduct, and blasphemy, he was burned at the stake.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A name for the bear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German pope from 1049 to 1054 whose papacy was the beginning of papal reforms in the 11th century (1002-1054)
- n. (Roman Catholic Church) a French cleric (born in Germany) who founded the Carthusian order in 1084 (1032-1101)
- n. Italian philosopher who used Copernican principles to develop a pantheistic monistic philosophy; condemned for heresy by the Inquisition and burned at the stake (1548-1600)
BRUNO: "Borat" star Sacha Baron Cohen takes another of his alter egos, Austrian fashionista Bruno, on the road.
Bruno is seeking a lost book that he believes will reveal the secret of man's divinity.
When Giordano Bruno is recruited as a spy by Sir Francis Walsingham, he hesitates.
After the first murder, Bruno is sent an anonymous letter that appears to offer a clue about the killing.
Bruno is one of some 45 million Americans today who are uninsured and whose problems have been compounded by health care costs that have been rising steadily for years.
At the end of the book, Bruno is confronted by a character who says that tolerance in matters of belief is equal to saying there is no truth or untruth, right or wrong.
Inaba: Bruno is a little tougher than in seasons past.
It makes room for a 2012 run for Ron Paul, that is unless the media destroys his image after being in Bruno, which comes out in a few weeks.
Giordano Bruno is relatively young crater (350Myr) center of a system of bright rays.
However, Bruno is perhaps best known for his charity, Caterina's Girls Club, through which he has given away over 250,000 free meals in the last five years to his "favorite clients," the homeless "motel children" of Orange County.