from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. computerized tomography
- abbr. Connecticut
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. Connecticut, a state of the United States of America.
- n. Initialism of Central Time.
- n. Initialism of cocktease.
- n. Initialism of computed tomography.
- n. short form of CT scan
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of cent;
- n. count;
- n. court.
- An abbreviation of centum
- of contrast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a method of examining body organs by scanning them with X rays and using a computer to construct a series of cross-sectional scans along a single axis
- n. a New England state; one of the original 13 colonies
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It sounds like all you will need to do in CT is turn up.
Mind you, July in CT is probably a bit warm for a wool shawl!
Our Halloween here in CT is about the same as yours, trick-or-treating on Halloween night after dark until about 8.
Do you know that the price of regular gas in CT is $4.23 per gallon.
"Petrification" is the term CT Summation uses for creating a picture image from an electronic document, basically converting an electronic document into a static
My deal now is that every six months I have to have what they call a CT scan.
So it's really our [inaudible] to grow the value of the category and to grow the value with our customer, and it's really what we call the CT way we want to apply in all our markets.
Very varying — I think Blumenthal’s lead in CT is something like twice the * combined* lead of the Republican candidates in OH and NH, in the Rasmussen polls.
I'm sad to report that Lieberman is my senator -- which is to say, I live in CT, and he's one of the two sad excuses for representation we have here.
They're making national news out of Richard Blumenthal in CT misspeaking twice in 20 years about Vietnam service.