from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Cabot, John Originally Giovanni Caboto. 1450?-1498? Italian-born explorer who commanded the English expedition that discovered the North American mainland (1497).
- Cabot, Sebastian 1476?-1557. Italian-born explorer and cartographer who led an English expedition in search of the Northwest Passage (1509) and a Spanish expedition to South America (1525-1528). He published a map of the world in 1544.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dry measure in general use in the island of Jersey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. son of John Cabot who was born in Italy and who led an English expedition in search of the Northwest Passage and a Spanish expedition that explored the La Plata region of Brazil; in 1544 he published a map of the world (1476-1557)
- n. Italian explorer who led the English expedition in 1497 that discovered the mainland of North America and explored the coast from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland (ca. 1450-1498)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
CABOT - It was a choose-your-open-shot night for the Cabot boys and girls basketball squads against United Christian Academy on Monday.
CABOT - Cabot dominated Concord Tuesday with a 7-1 girls soccer win.
CABOT - Cabot managed two solid drives Friday night, and that's all the Panthers needed as they shut out the Bryant Hornets 14-0 at Panther Stadium.
CABOT - Cabot took a 3-0 lead and held on for a 3-1 victory over Twinfield in girls soccer on Monday.
That's true for women as well, says Israel Helfand, a marriage and family therapist in Cabot, Vt. He says he doesn't believe adultery is necessarily more prevalent than in the past, but he says it may seem that way because famous people who are unfaithful in their marriages bring attention to the overall issue of why people cheat.
Also, concerning the fact that they were boarded in Cabot Strait, Article 45, “Innocent Passage” (in straits) says:
One thing Cabot is famous for is its cheddar cheese, and cheddar cheese is lactose free.
A former CEO of Cabot is none other than the Bush administration's current secretary of energy, Samuel Bodman.
Cabot is also planning to tour with the band in 2009 -- to sign books, not to sing along.
The Good: What freaks me out about Meg Cabot is not so much that she must be eavesdropping on my conversations, because the dialogue in the books is much like that I have with friends and family -- but the fact that she has a chip implanted in my brain and knows how I think.