from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southern California, a residential and industrial suburb of Los Angeles. Population: 94,000.
- Carson, Christopher Known as "Kit.” 1809-1868. American frontiersman who was the renowned guide of John C. Frémont's western expeditions in the 1840s, an agent for the Ute (1853-1861), and a Union general in the Civil War.
- Carson, Johnny 1925-2005. American comedian and mainstay of late-night television as the host of The Tonight Show (1962-1992).
- Carson, Rachel Louise 1907-1964. American environmentalist and writer whose best-known work, Silent Spring (1962), condemns the use of pesticides hazardous to wildlife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An Irish and Scottish surname, possibly a form of Curzon.
- proper n. A male given name (and very rarely a female name) transferred from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States biologist remembered for her opposition to the use of pesticides that were hazardous to wildlife (1907-1964)
- n. United States frontiersman who guided Fremont's expeditions in the 1840s and served as a Union general in the American Civil War (1809-1868)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
CARSON: The David Beckham Academy in Carson and another location in Britain have closed, although the Los Angeles Galaxy star is working to develop another soccer coaching program for children.
CARSON - A 24-year-old man and 17-year-old girl were in custody today in connection with a chase that led to a deputy-involved shooting in Carson, but the driver of that vehicle remains at large.
Plus, the team is training at The Home Depot Center in Carson, which is next to Cal State Dominguez Hills.
His father, who felt deeply anguished and depressed over his boy’s self-destructive lifestyle, told him he was a “loser,” a label Carson had come to accept as accurate.
But the Home Depot Center Velodrome in Carson, California, also saw some fresh young faces smiling above their freshly minted stars-and-stripes jerseys.
Gibbons 'office stepped up security at the capitol in Carson City after receiving the letters.
Whiz-kid numismatist will give lecture in Carson City today
The buyer of this Twenty Cent piece lives in Carson City, Nevada, which he declares to be the most wonderful city on the planet.
At the X Games in Carson, Calif., heats will run two miles through a stadium — after ESPN, overnight, bulldozes away 1,000 truckloads of dirt it brought in for motorcycle events — and its parking lot.
UNM signed safety Chase Clayton out of San Pedro High School in Carson, Calif., to compete for playing time in the fall.