from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Carter, Betty Originally Lillie Mae Jones. 1930-1998. American jazz singer known for her complex renditions of popular songs. She formed her own trio in 1969.
- Carter, Howard 1874-1939. British archaeologist who worked in Egypt after 1890 and discovered (1922) the tomb of Tutankhamen.
- Carter, James Earl, Jr. Known as "Jimmy.” Born 1924. The 39th President of the United States (1977-1981), who is credited with establishing energy-conservation measures, concluding the Panama Canal treaties (1978), and negotiating the Camp David accords between Egypt and Israel (1979). He won the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Carter, Rosalynn Smith Born 1928. First Lady of the United States (1977-1981) as the wife of President Jimmy Carter. She worked to improve care for the elderly and for people with mental and emotional disabilities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An occupational surname for someone who was a carter.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A charioteer.
- n. A man who drives a cart; a teamster.
- n. Any species of Phalangium; -- also called harvestman
- n. A British fish; the whiff.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A charioteer.
- n. A man who drives a cart, or one whose occupation is to drive a cart or transport goods in carts.
- n. A kind of fish. See whiff.
- n. A kind of insect. Kennett. (Halliwell.)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Englishman and Egyptologist who in 1922 discovered and excavated the tomb of Tutankhamen (1873-1939)
- n. someone whose work is driving carts
- n. 39th President of the United States (1924-)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
HARRIS: Jimmy carter calls it his tour for peace, but the former president's visit is stirring anger in Israel over Carter reaching out to Hamas.
THus movie goes about the death of tutankhamun, and how he find by howard carter. the clothes of anchesenamun and tutankhamun and Carter made by my self. don't ask me about that.
CARTER - Emily Carter, Roseburg, April 8, a son, Isaiah Glen Carter, 7 pounds 4 ounces
SHAWN "JAY-Z" CARTER (Producer) Since 1995, multiple Grammy award winner, Shawn "JAY-Z" Carter has dominated the rap industry and set trends for a generation.
VINCE CARTER, Orlando: The last of the Big Three to leave New Jersey, Carter takes the place of
Gortat, bass for Carmelo and Kenyon Martin, that would give us a ruged PF in Martin to play along side Howard our front line would be scary. now the only thing wrong with this is Lewis and Martin plays the same postion. so maybe try to package lewis in that deal instead of carter we may have to take back another player or 2 contract if lewis was added. i know this is just a fantasy land trade but anything could happen. but this could be our starting line up Nelson, Carter, Carmelo, K-Mart, Howard
Barack Husein Carter is proving how totally inept he is.
Jimmy Carter is as big an anti-semite as Louis Farrakhan ....
Jimmy Carter is an amazing person and deserves our respect, as does President Obama.
First off Jimmy Carter is a complete imbecile and everybody knows it.