from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Cass, Lewis 1782-1866. American soldier, politician, and diplomat who held several governmental positions, including U.S. secretary of war (1831-1836) during the Black Hawk and Seminole wars.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A medieval diminutive of the female given name Cassandra.
- proper n. A matronymic surname.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname; also a diminutive of Cassius.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render useless or void; to quash; to annul; to reject; to send away.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To quash; defeat; annul.
- To dismiss; cashier.
- n. A caddis-worm.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Stephen Cass is a senior editor at Technology Review.
Cass is a laboratory technician at the university who, among other things, writes science fiction.
It was a rough night in Cass County, really rough, but talking to Joe tonight knowing he was going to be my Congressman was a great feeling.
Here in Cass County we will need a lot of help to get the vote out on Election Day.
We Democrats in Cass County need to mobolize in mass.
This approach is not "minimalist" in Cass Sunstein's sense of the word.
I spent a very happy hour getting lost in Cass 'website.
Primarily this site will be a way for progressives in Cass County to get the latest news on the party, but as well this will be a blog for and by progressives through-out.
Cass County IN Dems: Ethanol plant in Cass County now close to reality skip to main | skip to sidebar
I am going to tea with a friend of mine called Cass Dale who lives in Nancepean, and so I must stop now.