from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Coleman, Cy Originally Seymour Kauffman. 1929-2004. American composer and theatrical producer whose best known Broadway productions include Sweet Charity (1966) and The Will Rogers Follies (1991).
- Coleman, Ornette Born 1930. American jazz saxophonist and composer who established free jazz, an unrestrained improvisational style of jazz.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname derived from the given name Colman.
- proper n. An occupational surname for a coal man, who burnt coal.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surnames.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
COLEMAN -- The Reedsville wrestling team will square off against Coleman tonight for the WIAA Division 3 sectional championship after topping Lena/St. Thomas Aquinas, 47-20, at Coleman High School.
GENE COLEMAN AND ENSEMBLE NOAMNESIA in a free concert (Cage, Coleman, Hauf, and others).
COLEMAN - Fourteen inmates were taken to area hospitals Thursday afternoon after a fight erupted at the Federal Correctional Complex in Coleman.
ETHICS -- FRIEND OF COLEMAN FUNNELED $75,000 TO SENATOR THROUGH WIFE: A lawsuit filed late last week alleges that one of Sen. Norm Coleman's (R-MN) best friends and supporters, Nasser Kazeminy, used a Texas-based oil-rig services company to funnel $75,000 to Coleman through his wife Laurie's insurance firm.
Today, Team Coleman's blogger at MDE, Ryan Flynn, posted a tidbit today: "THOUSANDS OF HITS CRASH COLEMAN WEBSITE" ST PAUL - Information recently added to the Coleman for Senate website, whe ...
My pal Biella Coleman is a geek anthropologist whose recently awarded PhD was given for a thesis on nerd culture, with special emphasis on free and open source projects.
Looks like Norm Coleman, is the joke … not the norm for Minnesota.
Probably acting at the behest of the RNC, Coleman is transparently aiding their goal of obstructing legislation in the months to come.
I do not see Franken trying to take the seat yet and Coleman is just pretending to respond to a non-existent threat of ending this process early.
Adams said foul play was never suspected in Coleman's death.