from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A state of the west-central United States. It was admitted as the 38th state in 1876. First explored by the Spanish in the 16th and 17th centuries, the region was added to the United States through the Louisiana Purchase (1803) and a cession by Mexico (1848). The Colorado Territory was organized in 1861. Denver is the capital and the largest city. Population: 4,860,000.
- RíoColorado A river of central Argentina rising in the Andes and flowing about 853 km (530 mi) southeast to the Atlantic Ocean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A state of the United States of America. Capital and largest city: Denver.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Reddish; -- often used in proper names of rivers or creeks.
- adj. Medium in color and strength; -- said of cigars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state in west central United States in the Rocky Mountains
- n. a river in Texas; flows southeast into the Gulf of Mexico
- n. an important river in the southwestern United States; rises in the Rocky Mountains of northern Colorado and flows southwest through Utah into Arizona (where it flows through the Grand Canyon) and then southward through the southern tip of Nevada, then forming the border between California and Arizona and finally into Mexico where it empties into the Gulf of California; the main source of water in the southwestern United States
COLORADO SPRINGS -- The hotly contested race for the Republican Senate nomination in Colorado has been described as party establishment vs. "tea party" activists.
I believe in helping others logan - colorado springs, Colorado
KATIE ULRICH, STUDENT UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO: I realized my vote was much more important here in Colorado so that's why I registered here.
DOUGLAS BRUCE (R), COLORADO STATE REPRESENTATIVE: I don't think we need 5,000 more illiterate peasants in Colorado.
Bad skiing in Europe yet no mention of back to back record seasons for northern colorado mountains, and 2 out of 3 seasons reporting record snows in southern Colorado.
GEORGE EPP, COLORADO DIVISION OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: Well we're well, we're getting hammered pretty good, this is a classic storm where we get the moisture from the gulf, hitting the cold jet stream head on and it just spirals into the front rage of Colorado.
This I Believe rebekka - colorado springs, Colorado
COLORADO: Benefits 99,000 workers in Colorado, representing 9.4 percent of all hourly workers in the state.
This is a 3500+ square foot hand-scraped log home in the most beautiful part of colorado - Ouray County, Colorado.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Homeless people who camp at parks and along city creeks in Colorado Springs will be cited under an ordinance passed Tuesday by the City Council.