from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western Georgia on the Chattahoochee River south-southwest of Atlanta. Settled in 1828 on the site of a Creek village, it is a port of entry and major industrial center. Population: 189,000.
- A city of south-central Indiana south-southeast of Indianapolis. It was a supply depot for Union troops during the Civil War. Population: 39,700.
- The capital of Ohio, in the central part of the state. Laid out in 1812, it is a major industrial, commercial, and cultural center. Population: 733,000.
- Columbus, Christopher 1451-1506. Italian explorer in the service of Spain who determined that the earth was round and attempted to reach Asia by sailing west from Europe, thereby reaching America (1492). He made three subsequent voyages to the Caribbean in his quest for a sea route to China.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. Christopher Columbus (1451?-1506), Italian explorer of the Americas.
- proper n. One of various cities in the USA, among others the capital of Ohio.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in eastern Mississippi near the border with Alabama
- n. the state capital of Ohio; located in the center of the state; site of Ohio State University
- n. Italian navigator who discovered the New World in the service of Spain while looking for a route to China (1451-1506)
- n. a city in western Georgia on the Chattahoochee River; industrial center
Columbus '' discovery 'of America: the greatest hoax of all times? yahooBuzzArticleHeadline =' Columbus\ '\'discovery\' of America: the greatest hoax of all times? '
MICHAEL COLEMAN (D), MAYOR OF COLUMBUS, OHIO: Well, we are in a national crises, we're in a state crises, and we're in a crises in the city of Columbus.
Oct. 30, 2004 | COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Lisa Dupler, a 33-year-old from Columbus, held up a rainbow-striped John Kerry sign outside the Nationwide Arena on Friday, as Republicans streamed out after being rallied by George W. Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
THE BRIDGE OF PINOS WHERE THE QUEEN'S MESSENGER FOUND COLUMBUS. for robbers, and Columbus felt of the little money he had in his traveling pouch, and wondered whether he must lose it all.
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - An Army Colonel must now register as a sex offender in Georgia, after pleading guilty to an incident with a Columbus teenager.
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Columbus police need your help finding a man who attacked his niece with an ax at a home located in the 700 block of 6th Avenue.
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - A Columbus ice cream shop is closing down in a few weeks.
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Crime Stoppers is requesting the public's assistance in finding the persons who robbed a man on the evening of February 4 th on 29th Street in Columbus.
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - In Columbus alone, over fifty thousand people are living with special needs.
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - A former Columbus police officer will not do prison time for insurance fraud.