from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Dalton, John 1766-1844. British chemist whose pioneer work on the properties of gases led to his formulation of the atomic theory. He also studied his own condition of colorblindness.
- Dalton, Robert 1867-1892. American outlaw noted for his exploits as a horse thief, train robber, and leader of the Dalton gang, which included his two brothers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of several places in the north of England and in Scotland
- proper n. A habitational surname.
- proper n. John Dalton, English chemist.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- n. a former unit of atomic mass equivalent to 1/16 the mass of an oxygen atom; now replaced by the atomic mass unit (or dalton)
DALTON NARROWS FOOTBALL SEARCH -- Dalton superintendent Scott Beatty said this week that the district has narrowed the search for a new head football coach from a whopping 60 applicants to eight.
TCU: The defense was No. 1 last year; QB Andy Dalton is back.
At a fort in Dalton, on Oct. 13, 1864, members of the 44th USCT were helping to protect the railroad through the town when the garrison commander decided to surrender.
New Women Grow Business contributor Francie Dalton is synonymous with the phrase ‘irrepressible energy.’
The binder page also has behind it an interleaved page that was manufactured at the Crane & Co. paper mill in Dalton, Massachusetts.
There are some great moments during the opening credits which highlight this, such as a shot in which Dalton is standing in a group of morning commuters.
Unfortunately Dalton is insisting such a thing will help our economy.
Dalton is the stronger passer, and if he's ready to return, WR Jimmy Young will have to figure in Colorado State's game plan.
The Tankersleys live in Dalton, Ga., and fall into the underinsured category.
If Dalton is correct and the $650 million will one day produce billions of dollars, then following that logic, 45 billion invested should net us somewhere in the range of 100 or 200 billion pretty soon.