from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The bottom of the sea, as personified in songs and stories.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The spirit of the sea.
- proper n. The sea bed, bottom of the ocean.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The spirit of the sea; sea devil; -- a term used by sailors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, the spirit of the sea; a sea-devil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the bottom of a sea or ocean
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Of uncertain origin. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.