from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Dow, Charles Henry 1851-1902. American economist and publisher who with Edward D. Jones (1856-1920) established Dow Jones & Company, Inc. (1882), a publisher of financial bulletins. In 1889 he founded the Wall Street Journal.
- Dow, Herbert Henry 1866-1930. American chemist and manufacturer who developed and patented more than 100 chemical processes and founded the Dow Chemical Company (1897).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. Dow Jones Average
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of vessel. See dhow.
- transitive v. To furnish with a dower; to endow.
- proper n. shortened form of the dow-jones index or Dow Jones Industrial Average.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To be good, as for a purpose; be proper or fitting; suit.
- To be of use; profit; avail.
- To be able; can.
- To be (well or ill); do. See do.
- n. Dough.
- n. A cake.
- n. A dialectal (Scotch) form of dove.
- To endow.
- To give up; bestow.
- n. See dhow.
- n. A hewing-knife which serves on occasion as a sword.
- n. An abbreviation of dowager.
The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) today announced a wide range of legal, operational and financial actions that will keep the Company on track to fulfill the transformational corporate strategy Dow has pursued since 2005.
Jan. 26 / PRNewswire-FirstCall / -- The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) confirms it has informed Rohm and Haas that Dow will not close the proposed acquisition on or before January 27, 2009.
\ "Dow Jones\", \ "The Dow\", \ "DJIA\" and "Dow Jones Industrial Average" are trademarks of Dow Jones & Company, Inc. and have been licensed for use for certain purposes by CBOE.
Bear Market Anniversary Pt 1 www. stockmarketfunding.com Stock Market History Dow Jones Industrial Average Index 10 Year Bear Market History djia, dow jones history, djia chart, djia historical, dow jones average history The Dow Jones Industrial Average, also referred to as the Industrial Average, the Dow Jones, the Dow 30, or simply the Dow, is one of several stock market indices created by Wall Street Journal editor and Dow Jones
DOW) confirms it has informed Rohm and Haas that Dow will not close the proposed acquisition on or before January 27, 2009.
DOW) and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), today announced plans to form an innovative business alliance that will provide critical business services to Dow, its subsidiaries and joint ventures.
As a matter of fact, it looks like the Dow is already back to its 2005 total.
We are not where we should be as a country, but in March of 2009 the Dow was at one of it's lowest points in a while ... now the Dow is over 11K.
But dont listen to me look at the market in full recovery swing. but how many people in North America even knw what the Dow is about? you guessed it less then 30%!!!!!
If the Dow is above 6,000 when Obama leaves office, he will have outperformed Bush, in this regard.