from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo 1803-1882. American writer, philosopher, and central figure of American transcendentalism. His poems, orations, and especially his essays, such as Nature (1836), are regarded as landmarks in the development of American thought and literary expression.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. Ralph Waldo Emerson, American writer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States writer and leading exponent of transcendentalism (1803-1882)
ROBERT RICHARDSON, AUTHOR, "EMERSON: THE MIND ON FIRE": Emerson and Thoreau are the people that I read when I ` m feeling bad.
Bryant Festival_; Emerson, _Saadi_; M. Clemmer, _To Emerson_; Warren
It appears that his successor Dave Farr, who I also knew at Emerson, is following in this tradition:
The “Foie You” can be purchased for $24.00 at Picnic Caterers in Emerson, NJ.
First the bad, Picnic in Emerson will be closed for lunch effective immediately.
Recently, a friend of mine, Christine Nunn, who owns Picnic Caterers in Emerson, NJ, received a threatening letter from Farm Sanctuary, an special interest group which has a focus on protecting the rights of animals in our food supply.
[Steven] Emerson is a leading member of a multimillion-dollar industry of self-proclaimed experts who spread hate toward Muslims in books and movies, on websites and through speaking appearances.
Michael Emerson is among the familiar faces in historical recreations (as John Winthrop) as two of PBS 'most prestigious franchises, American Experience and Frontline, team for a six-part (over three nights) survey of American history as seen through the prism of religion.
Similarly, in Emerson, he scatters seeds of thoughts at the beginning of the movement — he throws everything at you in the first page — then spends 16 minutes separating the ideas into little episodes.
Fallon sucks alright, but Michael Emerson is awesome ...