from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A Phoenician princess abducted to Crete by Zeus, who had assumed the form of a white bull, and by him the mother of Minos, Rhadamanthus, and Sarpedon.
- n. One of the four brightest satellites of Jupiter and the sixth in distance from the planet. It was originally sighted by Galileo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Phoenician princess abducted to Crete by Zeus
- proper n. A moon of Jupiter
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 4th largest of Jupiter's satellites; covered with a smooth shell of frozen water
"A Spy in Europa" is one of my favourite pieces of S/F.
I also wanted to let you know that "A Spy in Europa" is freely available online at Infinity Plus - go check it out and get a taste of what his short stories are like!
When the term Europa was first used around 1500, it referred to the areas over which the Frankish ruler Charlemagne had nominally held jurisdiction, a territory far smaller than that which the word Europe implies today.
Burnamy had heard her history; in fact, he had already roughed out a poem on it, which he called Europa, not after the old fable, but because it seemed to him that she expressed Europe, on one side of its civilization, and had an authorized place in its order, as she would not have had in ours.
"A Spy in Europa" is written by Alastair Reynolds, not Paul Mcauley.
Schengen war es einfach für die Menschen in Europa zu bewegen.
Es war leicht, in Europa zu bewegen – aber Schengen, die es einfach für Kriminelle und Migranten zu bewegen, um in anderen Ländern.
Het was gemakkelijk te verplaatsen in Europa – maar Schengen maakte het makkelijk voor criminelen en immigranten te verhuizen naar andere landen.
Europa is a European private-equity property fund manager that has invested more than € 6 billion ($8 billion) in 17 European countries since 1995 through six property funds.
Rockefeller Group's acquisition of a controlling stake in Europa marks the start of its major push into European real estate.