from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northwest Indiana on Lake Michigan near the Illinois border. Founded on land purchased by the U.S. Steel Corporation in 1905, it is a highly industrialized port of entry. Population: 97,700.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
- proper n. A town in Indiana, and other US places named for persons with the surname Gary.
- proper n. A male given name, popular from the 1940s to the 1970s.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in northwest Indiana on Lake Michigan; steel production
LAURA POKRZYWINSKI, FRIEND OF GARY HIRTE: And Gary said, he had the shotgun, and he thought about the consequences, and he went, he, like, shrugged his shoulders, and he shot the guy in the back of the head.
TONY SAVAGE, ATTORNEY FOR GARY RIDGWAY: I was referred to Gary by his family, who had been referred to me as a potential criminal attorney to represent him.
GARY, Ind. -- Hundreds of fans have crowded the street outside Michael Jackson's modest childhood home in Gary, Ind., after word spread that the "King of Pop" had died in Los Angeles at the age of 50.
LEE HART, WIFE OF FORMER SENATOR GARY HART: When Gary says nothing happened, nothing happened.
LEE HART, WIFE OF FORMER SENATOR GARY HART: Gary says nothing happened.
I may be thinking conspiratorially, but what's happening in Gary is sounding a lot like Chicago in the 50s and 60s.
And dirty was the term Gary used to describe his appearance after a day at the plastics shop.
Dr. Sandford, my cousin Gary is a prisoner and in the hospital.
The album will be recorded under the name Gary Busey, not Teddy Jack Eddy -- the stage name Busey used back in the 1970s during a two-year stint as a drummer for piano man Leon Russell and, before that, on a Tulsa TV show.
Demand Progress also quoted James Jacobs, the Government Documents Librarian at Stanford University, who said that the arrest "undermines academic inquiry and democratic principles." complaint, Swartz purchased a laptop in September 2010 and registered it under the name "Gary Host" username: "ghost" on the MIT network.