from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Hale, Edward Everett 1822-1909. American Unitarian cleric and writer whose more than 150 literary works include the story "The Man Without a Country” (1863). His sister Lucretia Peabody Hale (1820-1900) wrote two noted children's books, The Peterkin Papers (1880) and The Last of the Peterkins (1886).
- Hale, George Ellery 1868-1938. American astrophysicist who invented the spectroheliograph (1891) and directed the Mount Wilson Observatory (1904-1923).
- Hale, Nathan 1755-1776. American Revolutionary soldier hanged by the British as a spy. According to tradition, his last words were "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.”
- Hale, Sarah Josepha Buell 1788-1879. American writer and editor of Godey's Lady's Book (1837-1877), the most popular American women's magazine of its time. Her own works include the poem "Mary Had a Little Lamb” (1830).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A topographic surname.
While Hale is eager to resume his dysfunctional relationship with the rest of the Bluth family, he also feels that waiting could be a good thing.
It would take about three hours to get to Camp Hale from the airport, but the sunlight was glittering on the distant mountains and the trip was a pleasant one.
The flick, which also stars Malin Akerman and Tony Hale, is about a group of young New Yorkers trying to figure what exactly to do with their lives.
Hale is charged with soliciting the murder of the federal judge in the case, Joan Humphrey Lefkow, who he has publicly vilified as someone bent on the destruction of his group.
Ali Hale is a freelance writer, and is studying for a postgraduate degree in creative writing.
And Ken Hale is a lot more friendly than the ... thing that shows up in RAWBONE, particularly when drawn by Gabriel Hardman.
Wayne Hale is a manager for NASA in Houston, and he has a blog too.
Ani was such a wonderful character and Hale is such a joy to read.
It would have been preferable if he had been able to talk to the "overzealous" volunteer but given a week and given the fact this particular volunteer zealously did not return phone calls Hale had little choice but to go ahead with his report if he wanted to submit it on time.
Palmer's closest rivals will need to have the rides of their lives in the final qualifier in Kronplatz, Italy, next weekend to unseat him: Jayson Hale is ranked 27th with 945 points, and Jason Smith is 32nd with 700 points.