from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Haley, Alex 1921-1992. American writer best known for Roots (1976), a fictionalized chronicle tracing his family history back to its African origins.
- Haley, William John Clifton, Jr. Known as "Bill.” 1925-1981. American singer who with his band, the Comets, recorded "Rock Around the Clock” (1954) and other influential early rock 'n' roll songs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname, a common spelling variant of Hayley.
- proper n. A female given name, popular in the U.S. in the 1990s and the 2000s.
- proper n. Any of several places in the U.S. and Canada named after persons with the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States rock singer who was one of the first to popularize rock'n'roll music (1925-1981)
- n. United States writer and Afro-American who wrote a fictionalized account of tracing his family roots back to Africa (1921-1992)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
While Sanford hasn't formally endorsed a candidate in next year's crowded GOP primary, Haley is widely thought to be his top choice.
And in South Carolina, Nikki Haley is the next governor of South Carolina, after a pretty close race, making her the first Asian-American women to be etc etc etc.
"I think Haley is probably like a lot of other governors and senators who think, 'I could be that guy or gal who could lead the party,' and it may be that Haley is the person," said the confidante
"I think Haley is probably like a lot of other governors and senators who think, 'I could be that guy or gal who could lead the party,' and it may be that Haley is the person," said the confidante, who requested anonymity to speak freely about Barbour's ambitions.
Sanford's friend and chosen successor Sen. Niki Haley is running for governor against current Lt. Gov.
Haley is a Bill Parcells disciple and it's showing in how he's working his team.
In this election, Nikki Haley is the Republican nominee for governor of South Carolina.
Similarly, Haley is guilty of hypocrisy on the issue of income disclosure – benefiting from the very deals that she claims she is fighting to expose.
The characters are spot on and Jackie Earle Haley is Rorschach – right off the page.
After Manny expressed his “preference” in Haley, to which Jay responded (paraphrasing), “Cool it, Jethro.”