from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Harrison 1, Benjamin 1726-1791. American Revolutionary leader who served as a member of the Continental Congress (1774-1778) and was also governor of Virginia (1782-1784).
- Harrison 2, Benjamin 1833-1901. The 23rd President of the United States (1889-1893). The first Pan-American Conference took place (1889) during his administration.
- Harrison, George 1943-2001. British singer and songwriter who was formerly lead guitarist with the Beatles. His best-known compositions include "Here Comes the Sun” and "My Sweet Lord.”
- Harrison, Peter 1716-1775. British-born American architect noted as the designer of King's Chapel in Boston and Christ Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Harrison, Sir Reginald Carey Known as "Rex.” 1908-1990. British actor best remembered for his portrayal of Professor Henry Higgins in the Broadway musical and film versions of My Fair Lady, for which he was awarded a Tony (1956) and an Academy Award (1964).
- Harrison, William Henry 1773-1841. The ninth President of the United States (1841). He died of pneumonia after one month in office.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A northern English patronymic surname.
- proper n. A town in Arkansas.
- proper n. A male given name derived from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English rock star; lead guitarist of the Beatles (1943-2001)
- n. English actor on stage and in films (1908-1990)
- n. 9th President of the United States; caught pneumonia during his inauguration and died shortly after (1773-1841)
- n. 23rd President of the United States (1833-1901)
Samkutty has hit the harrison spot of CPI M SALIVA REVOLUTIONISTS .. their kinda "mongoos revolution" has created a cultural mass of idioticsm - of the kind seen in dyfi, sfi, deshabhimani / kairali and ngo assns .. none ask CPI M how many acres u own? at least the grass root level party workers who make the tangible reality called CPI M by indulging in all kinds of shameful acts such as what we have seen as part of chengara trade union blockade, should ask this question and demand equal share from the party capitalists. even Harrison and co. should also apply for land as per CPI M guidelines … dont know whther they will be satisfied with one cent? when revolutions of the saliva type stoop to harrison salam kinda what else can we expect ..
24 MINUTES: BARROW TRY - LIAM HARRISON: Comedy gold as the kick-off is missed again by Mendes and the ball bounces all over the place before finding the hands of Harrison, who has only to dive over the line for the strangest of tries and a 12-6 lead.
Marvin Harrison is second in NFL history with 59. ...
Smith could be dealing with a new quarterback by midseason, Johnson was not even the best receiver on his own team for much of 2006, Marvin Harrison is sharing numbers with Reggie Wayne and, finally, do you really want to give Terrell Owens that kind of love?
Of course, Manning to Marvin Harrison is the surest way to get the Indianapolis Colts out of a funk.
Benjamin Harrison is the first sitting U.S. president to attend a major league game.
Galareka Harrison is a Navajo Indian girl who was convicted of stabbing her college roommate (also a Navajo Indian) 23 times,.
Lt.Col. Debra Harrison is the fourth person to be arrested and charged in the scandal, and the second army officer.
Under the proposal, newly designated "beer-and-wine grocery stores" - a term Harrison said he means to apply to grocery or convenience stores that sell food - could set aside 5 percent of shelf space for sales of beer and full-strength wine.
Not once had they mentioned their argument of the night before, and the word Harrison hadn’t been uttered between them.