from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Hunt, (James Henry) Leigh 1784-1859. British writer and editor of the Examiner (1806-1821). He is known for his essays defending romanticism.
- Hunt, Richard Morris 1827-1895. American architect who supervised an addition to the Louvre in Paris and designed an extension of the U.S. Capitol (1855) as well as the base of the Statue of Liberty.
- Hunt, (William) Holman 1827-1910. British painter who with Rossetti and Millais founded the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. His works include The Light of the World (1854) and The Scapegoat (1856).
- Hunt, William Morris 1824-1879. American painter who brought the painting of the French Barbizon school to the attention of American artists and collectors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English occupational surname for a hunter (for game, birds etc).
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Linda Hunt is the best thing about the show, by far.
Olivia Hunt is a 4-years experienced freelance writer of Essay Paper Writing Service.
After all the Hunt is the Hunt and there are Cougar in the woods!
I agree with Simone, the Hunt is the best Jack Ryan movie ever made.
According to his bio on the Fox News website, Hunt is a retired colonel with “over 29 years of military experience including extensive operational experience in special operations, counter terrorism and intelligence operations.”
We knew he had a medal, said Justin Hunt, athletic trainer for the U.S. freestyle team.
Richard Hunt is a Chicago-based artist and his new exhibition will display his works on paper and sculptures in bronze steel.
Hunt is quoted on p. 10 of the November issue of RMNews.
Hunt is the same guy who for years has marched in the Auburn Vets parade and wore medals including the Silver Star. reported to us in October 2007:
Gene Hunt is one of the most interesting characters created in recent memory.