from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Johnston, Albert Sidney 1803-1862. American Confederate general in the Civil War. He was defeated by Ulysses S. Grant at Shiloh (1862).
- Johnston, Joseph Eggleston 1807-1891. American Confederate general in the Civil War who surrendered to William Tecumseh Sherman in 1865.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish habitational surname from a place in Dumfriesshire, meaning "John's town".
- proper n. An English surname, variant of Johnson.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Confederate general in the American Civil War; led the Confederate troops in the West (1807-1891)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A short biography of Devin Johnston is included in the end of this post.
Devin Johnston is a third year law student at Robson Hall in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Jeremiah or John "Liver Eatin '" Johnston (note correct name as the movie had it wrong) is buried just ten miles or so from where I am sitting so he has always been interesting to me.
Abby Johnston is not really sure when the last time a U.S. woman won an Olympic medal in springboard diving.
That poll found a 66-point spread in Johnston's favorable/unfavorable ratings, with 72 percent of respondents disapproving and only 6% seeing him in a positive way.
Joe Jamroz, a retired letter carrier in Johnston, R.I., says he's always been a sports enthusiast.
Abby Johnston is not really sure when the last time a U.S. woman won an Olympic medal in springboard diving. olympics | Comment | Recommend
Recently released documents from the custody battle show clearly Tripp Palin Johnston has socialized health care through Indian Health Services and the Alaska Native Medical Center.
If Levi Johnston is telling the truth, she herself referred to her infant in a callous slur (Not that I believe him, but he seemed to be more credible than she).
Johnston is a hack, Wolfman is getting terrible buzz, Cap US is gonna be mediocre.