from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coarse green woolen fabric similar to tweed.
- n. The color of this fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coarse green woolen cloth.
- n. A light greyish green colour, like that of the cloth.
- adj. Of a light greyish green colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A cloth colored green by dye obtained from the woad-waxen, formerly used by Flemish weavers at Kendal, in Westmoreland, England.
After Kendal, a municipal borough of northwest England.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)