from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Lin, Maya Ying Born 1959. American sculptor and architect whose public works include the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. (1982).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname of Chinese origin (see: 林)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pool or collection of water, particularly one above or below a fall of water.
- n. A waterfall, or cataract.
- n. A steep ravine.
- intransitive v. To yield; to stop; to cease.
- transitive v. To cease from.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cease; stop; rest.
- To cease from.
- n. A cataract or waterfall.
- n. A pool; particularly, a pool below a fall of water.
- n. The face of a precipice; a shrubby ravine.
- n. A Middle English form of line.
- n. A provincial pronunciation of lind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Lo Tcheng (Laughton), living at Sining in the Fu yin tan, the Dutch missionary "Lin" is the same as
With a team of colleagues, Lin is developing a suite of Mathematica interactive manipulations that utilize advanced matrix-computing and image-processing algorithms.
Had a meeting with Justin Lin today regarding the Fast saga … some daring but fascinating thoughts in terms of action set pieces … and relationships, old and new.
According to THR, Dan Lin is producing the film with Roy Lee and Chad St. John is writing a new script.
Justin Lin, executive of Fast & Furious, has been tasked with reinventing the 1986 anticipation movement moment which spawned the decreasingly sensible film authorization as well as an impossibly dumb TV series.
The director who gave us this years Fast & Furious fiasco, Justin Lin has been announced to direct the upcoming Highlander reboot for Summit Entertainment.
Tony Lin is careful — and of course correct — to say that neither immigrants nor Latinos caused the crash; adherents of every stripe exhibited the same sort of magical thinking about finances, as did millions of nonbelievers.
I see the democrats raised more money than the GOP party of "NO"! ... hmmm, wonder why Pain-Lin is not helping out the republiklans with all that cha-ching coming from her book sales. maybe going rogue by an airhead is just for personal aggrandizement!! adam
Patrick Lin is with us to talk about robots and ethical warfare.
Lin is hitting .251 with five homers, 34 RBI and 26 stolen bases for Class-A Greenville. ...