from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Lindsay, (Nicholas) Vachel 1879-1931. American poet who traveled the United States exchanging poems for room and board. His volumes include The Congo and Other Poems (1914).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish habitational surname from Lindsey in Lincolnshire, from Old English "Lincoln's wetland"
- proper n. An Irish surname, a variant of Lindsey.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A female given name used since the 1940s.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States playwright who collaborated with Russel Crouse on several musicals (1889-1931)
- n. United States poet who traveled the country trading his poems for room and board (1879-1931)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Jess well i think brookes call is from angies parents saying shes home safeyl = brooke happy, leaves it to lindsay and lucas i know no-one thinks tht lindsay is the one but peyton is expecting a call from the guy tht knew ellie = peyton happy ..no suggestion tht ne1 was planning to call Lindsay right?
DINA LOHAN, MOTHER OF LINDSAY AND ALI LOHAN: She ` s only 14, and she doesn ` t know if these people are going to judge her because she ` s Lindsay ` s little sister or because she ` s a talented actor.
(LINDSAY) Three people are facing drug-related charges after police executed drug warrants in Lindsay.
Mary Riley (LINDSAY) The knives, or rather the needles were out in Lindsay as customers of the city's largest fabric and sewing store learned it will close its doors for good next year.
Lindsay looks hard with the gray eyes at the Governor.) _Lindsay_, "Why don't you pull your bowie-knife out of your boot,
My name Lindsay Graham and I believe -- OH, SORRY, CUT, that time I actually wet myself.
Inside were licorice witches, chocolate fraidy cats, a light stick—chemiluminescence, a word Lindsay loved to say—and seed packets for plants that liked to grow in the dark, along with a brochure on planning a night-blooming garden.
Miss California officials may strip Carrie Prejean of her title Lindsay Lohan always looks a little tired Taylor Swift wears lucky number 13 Reese Witherspoon may star with Ben Stiller in Used Cars Colin Farrell picks up a movie and some popcorn Kate Hudson and Demi Moore at the Cartier event ...
I think she does warrant that single-name recognition, as long as the Lindsay is accompanied by any form of - aholic.
Lindsay is not fit at all; however the filter is HEAVY!