from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Middleton, Thomas 1580-1627. English playwright whose comedies, written between 1604 and 1611, include A Trick to Catch the Old One and A Chaste Maid in Cheapside.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of many placenames in England, Scotland and elsewhere, from the Old English words for "middle town".
- proper n. An earldom in the English peerage.
- proper n. An English and Scottish habitational surname from any of the places.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English playwright and pamphleteer (1570-1627)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I also just finished the limited Marvel series NYX (about a year old I think) and I just want to say that Joshua Middleton is an absolutely amazing and wonderful artist.
Outhier's scam when she received an overdue bill from a credit card company and a benefits statement from Claddagh's Irish Pub in Middleton, where Outhier had worked, said Reinhard.
Karen Middleton is the president of Emerge America and an outgoing Colorado state legislator.
(The chess imagery in Middleton's work and in Lewis Carroll's "Through the Looking-Glass," a source for Burton's "Alice in Wonderland," is another nifty connection, and indeed Hennessey's Livia looks a little like a Red Queen.)
I just wanted to write a quick blog about Darrell Goodliffe being selected to represent the Liberal Democrats in Middleton in Leeds.
She created the Rowland Reading Foundation, based in Middleton, Wisconsin in 2003 for the purpose of improving reading instruction in public and private schools throughout the U.S.
I sent a link to the article to Dave, as I know that Stanley Middleton is a favourite of his.
I live in a suburb of Madison WI called Middleton (Voted Best City under pop. 50,000) and work in Brookfield (Western suburb or Milwaukee)
By being perceived and then cast as the wronged woman, Kate Middleton is now the media's favourite girl.
Apparently, to fight crime in Middleton, one must become more retarded than crime.