from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Milton, John 1608-1674. English poet and scholar who is best known for the epic poem Paradise Lost (1667), an account of humanity's fall from grace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A habitational surname.
- proper n. A male given name derived from the surname.
- proper n. Name of many towns in Canada and the US.
- proper n. Brand name of sterilising compound for baby bottles
- proper n. Milton Keynes - large new town in England, 90km north of London.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English poet; remembered primarily as the author of an epic poem describing humanity's fall from grace (1608-1674)
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged changes to ward one in milton, city of mississauga annexed part of Milton, mike cluett, milton canadian champion, ninth line corridor | 1 Comment »
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged changes to ward one in milton, city of mississauga annexed part of Milton, mike cluett, milton canadian champion, ninth line corridor
Milton died November 8: see Masson, _Life of Milton_, vol. vi, p. 731. 58.
We sought our illustration of GREAT MILTON in the "Oxfordshire" of that voluminous and expensive work, "the Beauties of England and Wales;" but, strange to say, the family name of Milton is not even mentioned there, although the house is still
Dr. Johnson, though perhaps no very excellent authority on the more intangible graces of literature, was disposed to deny to Milton the capacity of creating the lighter literature: Milton, madam, was a genius that could cut a colossus from a rock, but could not carve heads upon cherry stones.
MILTON YOUTH BASKETBALL: Registration in press box at Milton baseball fields, Oct. 31, 10 a.m. to noon.
MILTON YOUTH BASKETBALL: Registration in press box at Milton baseball fields, Oct. 24, 10 a.m. to noon; and Oct. 31, 10 a.m. to noon.
MILTON CAR WASH: Milton Middle School cheerleaders fundraiser Sept. 19 at Advance Auto in Milton.
The paradigmatic expression of this kind of dynamic relationship in Milton is called a
The emphasis in Milton is thus focused on a character's experience of the moment of aesthetic judgment.