from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The Hindu god of friendship and alliances, usually invoked together with Varuna as an upholder of order, punisher of falsehood, supporter of heaven and earth, and bringer of rain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An important divinity of Indic culture, descended, together with the Zoroastrian yazata Mithra, from a common Proto-Indo-Iranian deity *Mitra, a god of the oath.
- proper n. Proto-Indo-Iranian deity, a god of the oath.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The typical genus of Mitridæ having a heavy long fusiform shell with well-developed spire and plicate columella, likened to a bishop's miter.
- n. A genus of acalephs.
- n. In Greek antiquity, along band of stuff, leather, or metal, bound about the head or loins: much used by women. It is mentioned in the Iliad and has been found on archaic statuettes discovered in excavations at Delphi, Olympia, and elsewhere. Although often made of metal not a single example has come down to us complete.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Hindu god of friendship and alliances; usually invoked together with Varuna as a supporter of heaven and earth
Rhona Mitra is a welcome addition and Rise gives more screen time to Michael Sheen and Bill Nighy which is always a good thing ... there's just nothign leaping out at me other than the cast list.
One writer who is brilliant, whose translations from Bengali to English were done some years ago, is Premendra Mitra from the 1940's.
While Beckinsale will be absent from the new film, Mitra is not taking over her role as Selene.
Rhona Mitra is hot and she has the sultriness attitude that can carry on to a Selina Kyle/Catwoman character.
I'm automatically liking this movie and giving it a good review; Rhona Mitra is so hot.
Rhona Mitra is hot but the whole film feels like straight-to-dvd
Seems like Mitra is trying to be the cult-sci-fi action chick (Skinwalkers, Doomsday).
I think Rhona Mitra is quite attractive but this movie looks totally unattravitve.
Rhona Mitra is smokin 'hot too, but doesn't fit the Sonja role!!
Rhona Mitra is hot as balls … not that I think balls are hot, I mean, maybe some balls … grrr football.