from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central Oklahoma, an industrial suburb of Oklahoma City. Population: 49,300.
- Moore, Clement Clarke 1779-1863. American scholar and poet who wrote the Christmas poem "A Visit from St. Nicholas” (1823).
- Moore, George 1852-1933. Irish writer whose works include poetry, drama, criticism, and novels, such as Esther Waters (1894).
- Moore, George Edward 1873-1958. British philosopher whose theories, presented in Principia Ethica (1903) and other works, influenced 20th-century epistemology and linguistic analysis.
- Moore, Henry 1898-1986. British sculptor whose works, mostly semiabstract human figures, are characterized by smooth organic forms.
- Moore, Marianne Craig 1887-1972. American poet whose descriptive works, published in Poems (1921), Complete Poems (1967), and other collections, are characterized by wit, irony, and unconventional meter.
- Moore, Thomas 1779-1852. Irish romantic poet. Many of his nostalgic and patriotic lyrics, such as "The Minstrel Boy,” were set to traditional Irish tunes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Many toponymic place names, or parts of place names, derived from moor.
- proper n. An English and Irish surname similarly derived.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Irish poet who wrote nostalgic and patriotic verse (1779-1852)
- n. English actor and comedian who appeared on television and in films (born in 1935)
- n. United States poet noted for irony and wit (1887-1872)
- n. English philosopher (1873-1958)
- n. United States composer of works noted for their use of the American vernacular (1893-1969)
- n. British sculptor whose works are monumental organic forms (1898-1986)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
MOORE COWBELL: On Monday, Potomac 1B Tyler Moore was named MiLB. com Single-A Carolina League Batter of the Week for the 3rd time in 4 weeks ... during the period of August 2-8, Moore went 12-for-28 (.429) with 4 doubles, 4 homers, 11 RBI and 9 runs scored ...
MOORE, Oklahoma - Four teen suspects are in custody after a high-speed chase in Moore.
MOORE - A woman who grew up in Moore has been hired as the city's director of parks and recreation, City Manager Steve Eddy said.
MOORE - Increased demand this morning left about 800 people in Moore without natural
MOORE - Increased demand this morning left about 800 people in Moore without natural gas.
MOORE - A group of Santa's helpers, who double as Moore firefighters, say they expect to be extra busy this year.
MOORE - A flu shot clinic offering seasonal and swine flu vaccines has been scheduled for Thursday in Moore.
MOORE - A strange object spotted over the west side of Moore about sundown Friday evening was most likely a weather balloon, a
MOORE - Three people were arrested after an 18-year-old man was shot Saturday morning in Moore, police said.
I can't comment on the specific colors, but I can tell you that Benjamin Moore is the shiznit and Behr isn't fit to wipe my hinder.