from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of eastern Massachusetts, a mainly residential suburb of Boston, comprised of fourteen villages. Population: 82,800.
- Newton, Sir Isaac 1642-1727. English mathematician and scientist who invented differential calculus and formulated the theory of universal gravitation, a theory about the nature of light, and three laws of motion. His treatise on gravitation, presented in Principia Mathematica (1687), was supposedly inspired by the sight of a falling apple.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The name of many English places.
- proper n. An English habitational surname for someone from any of these places
- proper n. Sir Isaac Newton, English physicist, mathematician, astronomer, alchemist, and natural philosopher
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English mathematician and physicist; remembered for developing the calculus and for his law of gravitation and his three laws of motion (1642-1727)
- n. a unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 m/sec/sec to a mass of 1 kilogram; equal to 100,000 dynes
Unpacked the Apple Newtons and discovered one of the other newton 2000/2100s I have does not have the annoying problem I described in my recent Newton post, so I swapped the memory over to it and replaced the broken cover.
NEWTON - The Newton girls found a recipe for disaster Saturday night.
NEWTON - The Newton girls basketball team isn't worried about an off-shooting night.
NEWTON - A Newton woman and her adult son are recovering after becoming seriously ill from eating poisonous mushrooms they picked in their neighborhood.
Sep 2010 Launch "Community Share" investment scheme to raise £1. 5m towards a new stadium in Newton Heath
Day jobs: On the new Paris Review blog, Maud Newton is posting on "a week in one reader's life," which is mainly about how you make progress on your first novel while working daytimes for a tax-law journal.
In addition, Justin Newton and Kayode Ayeni played most of the NEC schedule with various injuries.
Justin Newton will provide help in the frontcourt.
Consider a former Maytag manufacturing facility in Newton, Iowa that now produces wind towers.
Marcie Schorr Hirsch of Hirsch/Hills consulting in Newton Centre, Mass., had a client who brought a good friend into his legal practice.