from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- CapeRay A promontory of extreme southwest Newfoundland, Canada, on Cabot Strait.
- Ray, John 1627-1705. English naturalist who was the first to use anatomy to distinguish between specific plants and animals and established "species” as the basic classification of living things.
- Ray, Man 1890-1976. American artist. A founder of Dada in New York, he is known for his photographs, paintings, sculpture, films, and later experiments with surrealism.
- Ray, Satyajit 1921-1992. Bengali filmmaker whose works, especially the trilogy including The World of Apu (1958), offer a contemplative depiction of Bengali life.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname from a Middle English nickname meaning a king or a roe.
- proper n. A diminutive of the male given name Raymond, also used as a formal given name.
- proper n. A diminutive of the female given name Rachel, more often spelled Rae.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Her career continued with TV shows (Profit, Judging Amy...) and movies (Great Balls of Fire, Box of Moonlight...) and somewhere in there the name Ray McKinnon cropped up.
Nevertheless, Captain Ray is able to describe his activities in prison, in which he engaged to keep his mind alert, with verve and cleverness.
"By the time they got in the sweat lodge, they had repeatedly, repeatedly been extorted by the defendant to play full on" - a phrase Ray used to urge participants to push past their limits - and told that discomfort was beneficial, Polk said.
Audacia Ray is a media maker and activist who is passionate about sexual rights, and is the author of Naked on the Internet.
Nightmares of Leia Ray is a scary point and click type adventure game.
The Manta or Manta Ray is a character from Super Mario 64 and its remake.
In the 1960s, Mr. Cuomo briefly opened a second pizza shop, near East 59th Street, but he sold it, and that shop's new owner, Rosolino Mangano, kept the name Ray's.
"Ray" is reportedly a shoo-in for "Best Actor," but the picture is supposedly not as good as the performance.
I have brother who is an engineer, and my cousin Ray is an inventor.
Soon two ominous gents turn up looking to get their hands on the gadget; next thing you know, Ray is caught in a battle between the Yanks and the Brits, who'll do anything to obtain the priceless orb.