from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The territory or government of a German state, as the Holy Roman Empire, or First Reich, from 962 to 1806; the German Empire, or Second Reich, from 1871 to 1919; the Weimar Republic, from 1919 to 1933; or the Third Reich, from 1933 to 1945.
- Reich, Stephen Michael Known as "Steve.” Born 1936. American classical composer whose work often draws on West African and Balinese musical traditions.
- Reich, Wilhelm 1897-1957. Austrian psychoanalyst who theorized that sexual repression is the source of many psychological and social problems.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The territory of a German empire or nation, or its government.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the German state
- n. Austrian born psychoanalyst who lived in the United States; advocated sexual freedom and believed that cosmic energy could be concentrated in a human being (1897-1957)
- n. United States composer (born in 1936)
* ROBERT REICH - Reich was Labor Secretary under Clinton and was seen as a more liberal counterweight to Robert Rubin.
(REYEKH, REYEK) The name given by the Nazis to their government in Germany; Reich is German for empire.
Robert Reich is the author of Aftershock: The Next Economy and America's Future, now in bookstores.
Wake Up, America for the 4th Reich is upon us right now.
My colleague from Stanford's Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society, Professor Rob Reich, is a smart political theorist.
Those were my first recollections of Washington, D.C. LAMB: The name Reich -- and I know we talked just briefly before we went on the air about the pronunciation of it -- do people butcher it all the time?
"Reich" is a German word meaning 'government' or 'state'.
Germany was known as the Third "Reich" - meaning third empire - between 1933 and 1945 when Adolf Hitler's National Socialist Party was in power and systematically persecuted Europe's Jews.
The President is attending a conference on Wednesday with Secretaries Riley and Reich, which is a joint Education-Labor private-public partnership specifically aimed at creating summer jobs.
From the ashes of the Third Reich we see the rising of the Fourth Reich, which is a bizarre mutation and a hybrid between the British Empire, the US