from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Sharon, Ariel Originally Ariel Scheinermann Born 1928. Israeli military and political leader who served as prime minister (2001-2006).
- Plain ofSharon A fertile plain of western Israel extending along the Mediterranean coast south of Haifa.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A plain in Israel.
- proper n. A female given name derived from the biblical place name.
- proper n. A working-class female.
- proper n. Any of a number of places in the U.S.A. and Canada named after the biblical place.
RA'ANAN GISSIN, SHARON ADVISER: We trust the doctors and we pray, but you can sense that what you see in the country today, the sense, the prevailing spirit of Sharon, and maybe that is what lies in the offing with regard to the future of the Israeli political system.
MICHAEL CARDOZA, SHARON SMITH'S ATTORNEY: No. In fact, about a week before we went into court, I sat down with Sharon, and I explained the possibilities.
SHARON - After reading the novel "The Phantom Tollbooth," sixth graders at Striar Hebrew Academy in Sharon had the opportunity to meet the author, Norton Juster.
SHARON - A 57-year-old Foxboro man died Sunday after his car snapped a utility pole in Sharon.
SHARON - Fifth - and sixthgrade students at Striar Hebrew Academy in Sharon presented sc ...
The man told Sharon police, according to a police report, that he was part of an organization called Citizens for Truth Action Group at Suffolk University and that he was trying to prove that Keating still lived in Sharon, which is not in the 10th District.
Not much, as far as I can tell, has been inherited by Sharon from the line of bitterly frustrated, seething relations Sage described so painfully, but also with glee.
Ariel Sharon is having the last word: Jewish settlements exactly like a Pastrami sandwich; Palestinian life erased, as if it never existed, or crushed under the weight of a superior Israeli military presence and a teaching of Jewish supremacy sure to stunt Palestinian identity among Arabs living in Israel.
Now in Sharon, there was a gentleman's agreement to keep out Jews.
Sharon is an articulate voice with a commanding vision.