from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- LakeShasta A reservoir of north-central California formed by Shasta Dam on the Sacramento River. It is the largest artificial lake in California and a popular water resort. The dam was completed in 1945.
- MountShasta A volcanic peak, 4,319.4 m (14,162 ft) high, of the Cascade Range in northern California. Discovered in 1827, it has hot sulfurous springs near the summit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A brand of cola.
- proper n. A place name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mountain peak, etc., in California.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a volcanic mountain peak in the Cascade Range in northern California (14,162 feet high)
- n. a member of the Indian people of northern California and southern Oregon
- n. the Shastan language spoken by the Shasta
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He is set to be arraigned in Shasta County Court on June 21.
(Chefs are like farmers and ranchers in Shasta County!)
His gear looks like if comes from The Knit Tree, so I'm guessing that he's somewhere in Shasta County, California
I live in Shasta lake city right next to the Shasta lake .. we believe that there are sturgeon the size as buses .. in fact almost everyone here does.
Destination Truth: 2nd Season Premiere : SF Universe - SF Universe is your Science Fiction central. From SciFi television to movies to books and more. All the latest news, reviews and insights from SciFi experts.
Kay – Northern Cal, just by the border with Oregon, in the Shadow of Mt. Shasta is the quaint town of Weed, California.
First known mention of the name Shasta applied to mountain and river.
Yesterday we welcomed a new member to our household: Lord Ratbane, Baron von Shasta, otherwise known as Shasta, or Mr. Kitty.
I was drinking a soda pop called Shasta at the time, and I loved Mount Shasta, the majestic peak near the Oregon-California border.
"The Prince will chase us," said another lord, whose name Shasta had not heard.
Just what it was we could not make out, but we stopped on the little stream that night, which is now called Shasta river.