from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- MountSinai A mountain, about 2,288 m (7,500 ft) high, of the south-central Sinai Peninsula. It is thought to be the peak on which Moses received the Ten Commandments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A peninsula of eastern Egypt, bordering Asia.
- proper n. A mountain located in the Sinai Peninsula; the location where Moses is said to have received the Ten Commandments from God.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a desert on the Sinai Peninsula in northeastern Egypt
- n. a peninsula in northeastern Egypt; at north end of Red Sea
- n. a mountain peak in the southern Sinai Peninsula (7,500 feet high); it is believed to be the peak on which Moses received the Ten Commandments
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On just one day last week, staff at the Al Arish hospital in Sinai were called to perform CAT scans on a nine year old, two 10 year olds and a 14 year old, each of whom had a bullet lodged in their brain after coming under fire during the Israeli ground assault on Gaza …
While in Sinai he was in direct and constant contact with his Hamas dispatchers in the Gaza Strip ….
Cedars-Sinai is pleased to be able to encourage the hard work of these teachers and these students, and we view our contribution as an investment in the medical care and research breakthroughs they will bring about.
I forget what it is called but it grows in Sinai and seems to be powerful … Some Israel professor was yapping about this idea awhile back …
On just one day last week, staff at the Al Arish hospital in Sinai were called to perform CAT scans on a nine year old, two 10 year olds and a 14 year old, each of whom had a bullet lodged in their brain after coming under fire during the Israeli ground assault on Gaza.
Cedars-Sinai is close to finishing a four-year, $100-million project to install an electronic medical-records system.
In the case of Moses in Sinai, I started thinking about the novel back in high school a Jewish high school by the way when a rabbi warned us not to be like the infamous Korah who led a rebellion against Moses and was swallowed alive.
Next month Moses in Sinai will be published by Black Heron Press, and in September,
The precedent for this, a direct command from their God to Moses on Mount Sinai, is recorded in Leviticus 25: 2-7:
President Hosni Mubarak's administration, anxious to allay fears of growing extremism after the October bombings in Sinai, was not taking any chances.