from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A district of central London, England. Inhabited in the 17th century mainly by immigrants, it is known today for its restaurants, theaters, and nightclubs.
- A district of New York City on southwest Manhattan Island noted for its galleries, restaurants, and artists' lofts. The area is south of Houston Street, hence the name.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An area of central London’s West End.
- proper n. Alternative spelling of SoHo: an area of Manhattan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- interj. Ho; -- a word used in calling from a distant place; a sportsman's halloo.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
As most of you already know, Soho is short for “South Houston” and refers to a neighborhood in Manhattan, New York.
Winnie, standing outside her walkup brownstone in Soho, eventually suspects Jacob is in cahoots with her father, which causes a rift in their relationship.
HuffPost's Samira Nanda caught up with Lima at the Victoria's Secret flagship store in Soho, where she revealed I did breastfeed, but for me it did not make me lose weight.
Ted Olson talked about the importance of new media and legalizing gay marriage at HuffPost's 2010 Game Changers celebration in Soho on Thursday night.
Soho is a neighborhood of London, known as an entertainment district.
Two of my favorite ones that ooze character and good karma are Flat White Caf é in Soho and Monmouth Caf é in Borough Market.
There I was in Soho, seeing that kind of opportunity -- you could kind of buy an identity.
They were not the equivalent of the hip people in Soho who wear black and cry crocodile tears on Martin Luther
He had aspirations for greatness, and had once met, by chance, the ancient Wordsworth, as the great man was leaving a coffee house in Soho and the five-year-old Orphan was squatting in the street outside, talking to his friend, the beggar Lame Menachem.
According to public records, Christian Liaigre, a French interior and furniture designer whose projects have included the Mercer Hotel in Soho and Le Sereno Beach Hotel in St. Barts, is listed as the corporation's contact.