from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Walton, Ernest Thomas Sinton 1903-1995. Irish physicist who with Sir John Cockcroft succeeded in splitting the atom (1931). They shared a 1951 Nobel Prize for their contributions to nuclear physics.
- Walton, Izaak 1593-1683. English writer primarily known for The Compleat Angler (1653), a literary treatise on fishing.
- Walton, Samuel Moore Known as "Sam.” 1918-1992. American business executive. In 1962 he founded Wal-Mart, which he built into one of America's most successful discount retail chains.
- Walton, Sir William Turner 1902-1983. British composer of orchestral works and chamber music, including Façade (1923), an extravaganza accompanying poems by Edith Sitwell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English composer (1902-1983)
- n. Irish physicist who (with Sir John Cockcroft in 1931) first split an atom (1903-1995)
- n. English writer remember for his treatise on fishing (1593-1683)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
WALTON COUNTY - Although there has been no final decision on the calendar yet, Walton parents have weighed on the issue.
WALTON - A rock slide caused by heavy rains closed a stretch of Highway 126 about eight miles west of Walton on Sunday morning, leaving motorists to take the long way between Eugene and Florence.
WALTON COUNTY - With the heated run-off election two days away, more than 4,000 Walton voters have cast ballots early, according elections officials.
Sounds like a judge “inviting some onr to spend five years in Walton”.
"Jim Walton is a world-class leader, and I'm in full support of his newly announced organizational structure and leadership team," Phil Kent, chairman and CEO of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., said in a statement emailed to the press around that time.
And, if you're wondering, Luke Walton is named for Maurice Lucas.
Caitlin Walton-Doyle, 15, from Ormskirk, says that "nice women in the public eye are often overshadowed by the drug addicts and the surgery addicts".
For the length of the story you are living in Walton, Georgia and Cassie's problems are your problems.
And Walton is right, it truly is a remarkable book with a thoroughly realistic AI robot who also happens to be homeless.
This occupation of the unconscious by literature is key to the Creature's self-defense and is previewed in Walton's assurance to womankind that his approach to unexplored regions, to