from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Wilkins, Sir George Hubert 1888-1958. Australian explorer and aviator who was the first to explore the Arctic by air (1928).
- Wilkins, Maurice Hugh Frederick 1916-2004. British biophysicist. He shared the 1962 Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine for advances in the study of DNA.
- Wilkins, Roy 1901-1981. American civil rights leader. Long associated with the NAACP, he asserted that racial equality should be achieved through the democratic process.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States civil rights leader (1901-1981)
- n. English biochemist who helped discover the structure of DNA (1916-2004)
- n. Australian who was the first to explore the Arctic by airplane (1888-1958)
During a press junket to promote “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” in Australia, Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart sat down for interviews with Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, sat down with Richard Wilkins from the “Today Show” in Australia to talk about the film that will hit theaters on June 30.
The Times reports that Ray Wilkins is to return to Chelsea as assistant coach following Steve Clarke's departure to West Ham.
Vance Wilkins is the one who started that whole argument.
Wilkins is the son of former NBA player Gerald Wilkins and the nephew of nine-time All-Star Dominique Wilkins.
ALPF noticed that David Wilkins is being sworn in as the new US ambassador to Canada.
Rick Wilkins is going to be a big plus this season.
Captain Wilkins has very kindly consented to address a few words to us before we finally thank the speaker.
And for you, Captain Wilkins, we are very happy to act as your hosts today.
Then he called Wilkins and Holloway, who stood together in the middle of it, cowardly dogs and shirkers, and strode past them to the door to the servants 'quarters.
Focus on the rift just above the word Wilkins in this image.