from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of judgment or insight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. quickness of perception or discernment; penetration of mind; the faculty of nice discrimination
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Quickness of perception or discernment; penetration of mind; the faculty of nice discrimination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Quickness of perception; the faculty of nice discrimination; mental acuteness or penetration; keenness of insight.
- n. In botany, a tapering point. Synonyms Penetration, discernment, acuteness, sharpness, perspicacity, insight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. shrewdness shown by keen insight
- n. a tapering point
This specimen of legal acumen is front and center in the Cartel ` s jihad, having appeared for Viacom when it sued YouTube, for the RIAA against Jammie Thomas, single mother.
As before, Cole's military acumen is almost flawless, except for one hard-to-believe casualty that Cole's demonstrated savvy seems sure to have avoided.
That business acumen is particularly important these days as Volcom has been hit hard by the drop in consumer spending.
Their acumen is also a testament to the kind of player Britt could be in the NFL.
But the overlap between love of books and native business acumen is fairly narrow.
Your political acumen is matched only by your apparently burgeoning music critic career ….
Monkey: Your scientific acumen is clearly lacking.
If offensive acumen is measured in first downs, the game was among the most one-sided in the history of both franchises.
Ambassador Tony Garza married to Maria Asunción Aramburuzabala, who has holdings in Grupo Modelo and Televisa and whose management acumen is well-recognized.
Harper, and those around him, don't care whether their picture is in the paper, or whether they get recognized at the hotspots in the Market, or whether their political acumen translates into household name status a la Warren Kinsella.