from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The organic radical, C5H9, derived from amylene, C5H10.
- noun the Northwestern type: of moderate stature, with short head, wide face, broad and flat nose, and of darker color
- noun the Mississippi Valley type: tall, with moderately elongated head, wide face, broad and high hooked nose, and of reddish color
- noun the Southeastern type: very tall, with rounded and high head, wide face, and high booked nose
- noun the Sonoran type: of moderate stature, with long, rather low head, delicate face, and of dark color
- noun the Mexican type: of moderate stature, with short head, moderately heavy face, and of dark color. A number of subtypes of these may be distinguished.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.